Saturday, October 17, 2009

Week 3 Day 1

The rain cleared up long enough for me to go run. It was cold though. I wore thermals under my workout cloths, looking back that was way to much I think. I was a little over heated, and the thermals are skin tight. Which looks great on my lower legs, cause they are all muscly now. The rest of my body just needs to catch up with them.

It was defiantly an off day for me. I was able to do all the running and walking on time, but didn't go as far as I normally do on the past weeks. Maybe that's just how this week will be. I struggled with the second 3 minute run, but made it through. Hopefully the next run goes better, but I'll be at my mother-in-laws and its a bit more hilly there.

I decided to try out some new podcasts, and found one with no music. Lestyn's C25K Podcasts uses a computer voice to tell you when to run and walk. When I was adding music to the podcast I noticed a problem with the week 3 podcast. During one of the three minute walk intervals it goes for 5 minutes instead of 3. This may or may not make a big difference to some people, but I want it to be as accurate as possible for myself. I think I will go back to Robert Ullery's podcast. The beat on it is a good pace to run to. The only minor problem I have with it is sometimes he says "go!" and sometimes he doesn't. That can be confusing when you are waiting for the go to start running.

No comments:

Post a Comment