Monday, October 5, 2009

Week 1 Day 1

I was searching around for C25K stuff this morning, and found www.c25k.com. On there are a few Podcasts for the program that include music and audio cues for changing from running to walking. I debated whether to go with one with more christian music, or to one with more techno music with tends to have a better beat. I decided to go with this one, because I like the music, and the DJ/Author is pretty good.

I plotted my path on Google earth and chose a 1 mile loop. While I was at it, I plotted a 2 mile and a 3 mile as well. I am at my mother-in-laws right now, so I plotted out charts for back home too. Luckily I was able to get almost right on for distance for both places.

I was debating about whether to start today or tomorrow, and finally just got up and changed into my workout gear. The run/walk went well. My legs got sore after the first few sets of running and walking, but not too bad at all. I had originally planned on my one mile loop, but as I got to the turnoff for the two mile loop, I decided to go for it. I'd never walked or even driven this way, so I had no idea how many hills there were on these roads. It slowed me down a little on the runs, but I was able to keep running especially because I knew it was fairly short spurts.

The two mile loop worked fairly well, and I finished the cool down walk less then a hundred feet from the house. It wasn't that bad at all, I enjoyed myself a lot. I'm debating whether to do the next run on wednesday, or waiting till the run with work on Thursday. I'm thinking Wednesday, because I can't wear an MP3 player on base, so I would have no cues as to when I should change from running to walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment