Monday, October 5, 2009

Introduction

So I have decided to start the Couch to 5K Program. I suck at running, and have pretty much always sucked at running.

Five years ago I was diagnosed with Testicular Cancer. I was treated with four rounds of chemo theropy, and then went through a Lymph node dissection. Then went through three more rounds of chemo. I have remained cancer free since ever since.

Ever since my treatment I have had issues with my weight, and since I am in the military that has been a major problem. Recently the Coast Guard has implemented stricter weight standards. In response my work has began running two days a week as a shop. But as I said before I suck at running, and was completely against the runs at first.

After the first week, everything changed. I began enjoying the runs, but I still suck at them. I am not last lucky, but am still second to last. So my overall goal is to loose weight, and to be able to fly past everyone else at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment